2.43 bug?

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
endif

2.43 bug?

Post by endif »

so iv been making a rube machine and its almost finished.

i mainly created it with the RC's and it worked perfectly in all of them,

but as soon as i downloaded and used the final release every thing went wacky

parts flew everywhere

the problem seem to lie in the constraints as they are the objects that jitter real bad in this release

my question is has something been changed with how constraints are setup? if so what do i need to do to fix it? or is this a bug and ill have to tell everyone that the file only works on the RC's?

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

I just tried the release version of Blender 2.43 with the physics demos, and they all run fine here (Apple OSX-Intel and Windows XP). Perhaps it is related to your setup.
No changes happened between RC3 and final, except for probably using another compiler.

Please register your machine, and mention which Blender version you used, platform etc, and I'll check if there are any issues.

Thanks!
Erwin
endif

Post by endif »

its not done yet, so i cant register (or are we allowed to update our file after registration?)

i would be willing to send the blend to you privately though. how should i do that? any particular email address?

also i find that physics baking with constraints is really weird. it starts out fine and then it slows to a crawl. apparently the scenegraph is sucking up the process time.
endif

Post by endif »

ok i tried to pm a link to you but it just stays in the outbox, and never goes to the sent items.

is there a send button some where i cant find, or has pm been disabled?
endif

Post by endif »

ok i found the problem, the object was set to ghost. apparently, constraints dont like ghosts when the object is put to sleep!

im taking down the file i sent you cause i dont have unlimited server space :cry: