HELP! How do I use a simple baked armature in GE

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Jaconiel

HELP! How do I use a simple baked armature in GE

Post by Jaconiel »

I made this simple conveyor belt. It's not for a game it has to be recorded to IPOs in the end.

The idea is to use physics to have several balls to drop on to it and have them removed upwards. I could just make som fake "transport" mesh http://www.jacobnielsen.dk/video/fake_conveyor.wmv with a row of cubes animated in the xy direction but I try to do it with armatures for each conveyor "brick". Each armature's bone is constrained to a follow path constraint. Then i use Vladius' script (since BAKE doesn't work in 2.42a) and bake the bone's path movement to an action IPO. The IPO looks fine, i assign it to the bone, I remove the follow path constraint and the bone does the nice follow path animation as it did before just with action IPO.

Now the problem: How on earth will this action work in GE? I make it an actor, dynamic on, Sensor ALWAYS, Controllers: AND, Actuator: ACTION/PLAY and then of course select the the newly baked action IPO. I parent a new box to it and hit P, but nothing really happens, a little jitter perhaps, but nothing that resembles the path animation when hitting Alt-A.

Can someone please help?
Jacob