collision problem

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
shlomip

collision problem

Post by shlomip »

hi, i'm new in bullet and i have some questions about collision.

1)if i create triangle mesh shape(btBvhTriangleMeshShape) from opengl mesh(array of triangle),the shape is centered?
i mean if the bounding box of the mesh is min(-5,0,-5),max(6,15,4) and position(0,20,0):
when i render with opengl the bounding box of the mesh will be the sum of the position and the bounding box,
but in bullet when i create btBvhTriangleMeshShape from the vertex array the bounding box will be min(-5.5,-7.5,-4.5),max(5.5,7.5,4.5) can i chane it? there are way to coordinate between bullet and opengl?
(the same "problem" exists in box shape too, the box is centered)
i try to add a factor vector to the position of the bodies and after the simulate when i get the current position decrease this vector, its almost work but not accurate.

2)btBvhTriangleMeshShape collide with another btBvhTriangleMeshShape? becouse in my program they not(BoxShape and CapsuleShape collide with btBvhTriangleMeshShape)
shlomip

Re: collision problem

Post by shlomip »

never mind, i solved.

wow this forum is dead... :cry:
eSalt

Post by eSalt »

Sad, isn't it? It's a shame, because the engine is quite well put together. The learning curve is fairly difficult, mostly because of spotty documentation. Other than that though, i'm not quite sure why it's always so...inactive. :?
eagletree

Post by eagletree »

Part of the issue may be that this isn't the right forum to post specific questions about bullet. You'll notice my post below this one as I posted here too, I don't expect any answers :wink:. I reported it in hope the mods will move it to the correct forum. The "feedback" forum seems to be where such questions are getting answers, the naming could be better if that is where one is to ask such things. The forum would benefit from a "Question and Answers" or "Support" topic group.
eSalt

Post by eSalt »

I agree, naming could be better. Try re-posting the question in the feedback forum. I've been given help when I've posted in there. Note that it probably will still take a few days, though.