Complete NOOB Questions.

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
JJChalupnik

Complete NOOB Questions.

Post by JJChalupnik »

Hello,
I am a 3D Generalist by trade, and I have been trying to tinker with Bullet physics but frankly I feel completely out of my league. I have no idea how to get started, or what to do so that I utilize the bullet API. I am primarily a Maya User. I know that you guys have a plugin for Maya but I am really unfamiliar with how to use external libraries and how to set it up. I don't necessarily need to get into the major coding, simply because I am not very good at programming. However I would love to know if I can use the libraries to get refined, faster simulations on my workstation. The default Maya Simulations always take so long to calculate, even if it is a relatively simple animation. Is there an appropriate step by step process I must do to use Bullet sims in my animations? What does that process look like? Do I need just the plugin for Maya to utilize Bullet, or do I need the plugin, and the libraries in specific places to use Bullet? I apologize if these are all simple, silly questions, I just really want to create some great content, and be more efficient about it. Right now I am using Ruins 3.5 and I know that he mentioned using bullet physics to speed up sims. All in all I just feel a little lost on what I need to do to use it. Do I need to open my maya files in text edit and add the libraries there? Do I use the script editor to add libraries? Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,
JJ