Multiple p2p points for one object

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Rizzo

Multiple p2p points for one object

Post by Rizzo »

I'm working on a simulator where you can push a boxcar on rails, problem is I want two p2p constraints to effect the actual boxcar (Dynamic object,) much like an actual train car. So what I did was rooted two p2p wheelbases to the bottom of the boxcar, but just one wheelbase "pivots." The lead wheelbase just acts stationary. :?: Is there a law with bullet physics that limits one p2p constraint to one dynamic object? Thank you for any responses.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Multiple p2p points for one object

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Rizzo wrote:I'm working on a simulator where you can push a boxcar on rails, problem is I want two p2p constraints to effect the actual boxcar (Dynamic object,) much like an actual train car. So what I did was rooted two p2p wheelbases to the bottom of the boxcar, but just one wheelbase "pivots." The lead wheelbase just acts stationary. :?: Is there a law with bullet physics that limits one p2p constraint to one dynamic object? Thank you for any responses.
Bullet should allow multiple point to point constraints acting on an object. Unfortunately I have very limited time to debug such problems, but in the upcoming Blender released, some user interface to assign point to point constraints will be added. Did you check out the 4x4 hinged vehicle demo? That has 4 wheels hinged to one chassis.

Thanks,
Erwin
Rizzo

Re: Multiple p2p points for one object

Post by Rizzo »

Erwin Coumans wrote:
Rizzo wrote:I'm working on a simulator where you can push a boxcar on rails, problem is I want two p2p constraints to effect the actual boxcar (Dynamic object,) much like an actual train car. So what I did was rooted two p2p wheelbases to the bottom of the boxcar, but just one wheelbase "pivots." The lead wheelbase just acts stationary. :?: Is there a law with bullet physics that limits one p2p constraint to one dynamic object? Thank you for any responses.
Bullet should allow multiple point to point constraints acting on an object. Unfortunately I have very limited time to debug such problems, but in the upcoming Blender released, some user interface to assign point to point constraints will be added. Did you check out the 4x4 hinged vehicle demo? That has 4 wheels hinged to one chassis.

Thanks,
Erwin
Ah yes! Sorry for this question. I just went through all my setup and debugged it to death. I found out it was a little problem with the axis pivot. :oops: Thanks Erwin, you're my fan. :D