Using 3D models with Bullet

Hachaso

Using 3D models with Bullet

Post by Hachaso »

Hi

I have been experimenting with Bullet, looking through the different demos and the Helloworld example.

The information I haven't found yet is how to use 3D model with Bullet.
I have for instance have created a Creature using Blender. If I would like to add some raggdoll features to it. How is this done?

Thanks
EnlightenedOne

Re: Using 3D models with Bullet

Post by EnlightenedOne »

Hypothetically you should be able to use a modified copy of blender to export your model to .bullet format and load it in without any trouble.

The link for that is here:
http://code.google.com/p/bullet-physics ... loads/list

Unfortunately you may find (and if you don't I am rather desperate for your help in converting some mesh files!) that upon opening the Blender modified version the program dies due to a missing zlib. The patch file is provided but to patch blender yourself is going to take a while.

If you can open that blender file then the procedure for exporting to a .bullet file is to make sure your Blender project is in game mode (a drop down at the top interface menu) then load the exporter.blend scene and press "P" in order to make it run the game and then space bar to export all the meshes in the scene to a .bullet file via a script embeded into the .blend level that you need to add your own meshes to.

Presumably you can add joint features in the patched version of blender but I do not know how because the download wont work for me.

I am attempting to identifying a means of compiling Blender by tapping into a Blender forum in hopes of the experienced pooling over some knowledge so I can get on with physics and not spend ages trying to compile Blender :)

You can find the results of that query here:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210227

Best of luck!

EnlightenedOne
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Please don't spam the forums with the same topic.

You can load the missing DLL's from here:
http://code.google.com/p/bullet-physics ... 25dlls.zip

We will integrate .bullet export into Blender 2.5 official version.
Does the above link fixes the DLL issues?
Thanks,
Erwin
pvantrepote

Post by pvantrepote »

Erwin Coumans wrote:Please don't spam the forums with the same topic.

You can load the missing DLL's from here:
http://code.google.com/p/bullet-physics ... 25dlls.zip

We will integrate .bullet export into Blender 2.5 official version.
Does the above link fixes the DLL issues?
Thanks,
Erwin
Hi Erwin,

I am sorry post about the subject, but I am a mac user.
I was wondering if you had a patch for mac and/or when it will be integrated to the official version.

Thanks
Pascal
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

pvantrepote wrote: I was wondering if you had a patch for mac and/or when it will be integrated to the official version.

Thanks
Pascal
.bullet export has been in the official Blender version since a few releases now. Please try out Blender 2.59 and use attached .blend file as an example how to export to a .bullet file. Open the attached .blend file in Blender, run the game engine and press 'space' to execute the Python script that performs the .bullet file export.

Alternatively, you can also use Maya+Dynamica plugin or Cinema4D to export a .bullet file.

Thanks,
Erwin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pvantrepote

Post by pvantrepote »

Erwin Coumans wrote:
pvantrepote wrote: I was wondering if you had a patch for mac and/or when it will be integrated to the official version.

Thanks
Pascal
.bullet export has been in the official Blender version since a few releases now. Please try out Blender 2.59 and use attached .blend file as an example how to export to a .bullet file. Open the attached .blend file in Blender, run the game engine and press 'p' to execute the Python script that performs the .bullet file export.

Alternatively, you can also use Maya+Dynamica plugin or Cinema4D to export a .bullet file.

Thanks,
Erwin
Thanks it works. I missed the fact I had to run the game engine.
Pascal.