Softbody collision with a rigidbody constraint

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
julia

Softbody collision with a rigidbody constraint

Post by julia »

Hi everyone,

i am working on a soft-rigid collision where the rigid body can be controlled by the user but also collides and interacts with the softbody. Therefore i created a tetrahedral cube like the cube in the SoftDemo and generated cluster. The rigidbody is a btGeneric6DofSpringConstraint with one kinematic and one dynamic rigidbody at the same position. The user can control the kinematic rigidbody (which doesn't' collide) and the dynamic one will follow him and collide with the softbody. If there is a collision the spring between the two rigidbodies will expand.

The construction works with the groundshape, the kinematic body goes through the shape and the dynamic body stays above the shape and follows him like a magnet.
But if i try this with the softbody, the body deforms a bit, but then both rigidbodies just go through the softbody.

I already tried to change the cluster. If i use generateClusters(1) the softbody doesn't deform, but if i choose a higher number, the rigidbody will move through the softbody at the cluster-boundaries.

Please, can anyone help me with this problem?

Julia
julia

Re: Softbody collision with a rigidbody constraint

Post by julia »

Has anyone an idea, please?
XMight

Re: Softbody collision with a rigidbody constraint

Post by XMight »

Take a look at my topic, maybe it will help you somehow, and maybe you'll help me.
http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ ... f=9&t=6685