Need help upgrading bullet in project

Overlord

Need help upgrading bullet in project

Post by Overlord »

I have visual studio 9.
And i can get the demo's of bullet to run.
I'm using Irrlicht for my display engine.
I've been working on my project which is built from the project of a demo that had Irrlicht and Bullet and it's been working fine.

The problem is that it has an old version of bullet physics, 2.65 i believe? anyways it seems to be missing some functions i need with what i want to do with collision detection.
And whenever i try to update the physics or make a project with both Bullet and Irrlicht in it i can get the project to compile fine but the linking always fails with numerous errors.

Any help as to how i would set up the project to get it to link happily would be most appreciated.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Need help upgrading bullet in project

Post by Erwin Coumans »

If you provide compile and/or linker errors, someone might be able to help,

Thanks,
Erwin
Overlord

Re: Need help upgrading bullet in project

Post by Overlord »

Good call.

1>------ Build started: Project: irrtest, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
1>main.cpp
1>Linking...
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall btDefaultCollisionConfiguration::btDefaultCollisionConfiguration(struct btDefaultCollisionConstructionInfo const &)" (??0btDefaultCollisionConfiguration@@QAE@ABUbtDefaultCollisionConstructionInfo@@@Z) referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall btRigidBody::btRigidBody(float,class btMotionState *,class btCollisionShape *,class btVector3 const &)" (??0btRigidBody@@QAE@MPAVbtMotionState@@PAVbtCollisionShape@@ABVbtVector3@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl LoadMeshItem(char *,class btVector3 const &,class irr::core::vector3d<float> const &,float)" (?LoadMeshItem@@YAXPADABVbtVector3@@ABV?$vector3d@M@core@irr@@M@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall btTriangleMesh::btTriangleMesh(bool,bool)" (??0btTriangleMesh@@QAE@_N0@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl LoadMeshItem(char *,class btVector3 const &,class irr::core::vector3d<float> const &,float)" (?LoadMeshItem@@YAXPADABVbtVector3@@ABV?$vector3d@M@core@irr@@M@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall btTriangleMesh::addTriangle(class btVector3 const &,class btVector3 const &,class btVector3 const &)" (?addTriangle@btTriangleMesh@@QAEXABVbtVector3@@00@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl ConvertCollisionMeshBuffer(class irr::scene::IMeshBuffer *,class btTriangleMesh *,class irr::core::vector3d<float> const &)" (?ConvertCollisionMeshBuffer@@YAXPAVIMeshBuffer@scene@irr@@PAVbtTriangleMesh@@ABV?$vector3d@M@core@3@@Z)
1>irrtest - 5 error(s), 4 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========