Bugfixes Game Blender with Bullet (update: fixed link)

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Bugfixes Game Blender with Bullet (update: fixed link)

Post by Erwin Coumans »

New bugfixes. Please check this win32 build:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... der241.zip
1. Ray sensor is broken
2. Force doesn't work.
4. Cannot use python function setPosition(), doesn't do anything
5. Using end object actuator will cause blender to close (on some rare ocassions you do get an error and then it closes)
7. Collisions are deteced even with objects that are in non-active layers when in game mode.
Those should be fixed, please verify. Also AddObject actuator should work now for Bullet dynamic objects (without hierarchies).
3. You cannot apply local motion (only has global).<--Fixed
6. Reading in a motion actuator in python and trying to activate it using g.addActiveActuator(motion,1) does not work<--Fixed
If its fixed, can we remove it from the buglist?
http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet ... .php?t=162
8. Game Actuator "Start new game", is unable to load the File: name specified. So I can't load a new .blend like I can in 2.37.
todo
Last edited by Erwin Coumans on Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pildanovak

Post by pildanovak »

sorry, I cannot open the zip file...
goldentaiji

Post by goldentaiji »

:D Cool some of the bugs were fixed. Great job erwin.

I've updated the bug report on that post a bit. Many of the things were fixed, but the motion actuator for force is not behaving properly.

Motion Actuator Force:
does not work correctly in global and local motion mode. Values input into y and z has no effect. Only values inputed into x has an effect, but produces the undesired result.
ie: Positive value inputed in x results in movement between y and x axis (like this line /)
- Negative values moves along the same line, but in an opposite direction

I also found 2 other bugs that I missed. I'll post others if I come across some more. The bug list is now updated and the things fixed are taken off as bugs.
Those should be fixed, please verify. Also AddObject actuator should work now for Bullet dynamic objects (without hierarchies).
This works. :roll: But not sure what you mean by hierarchies. I took it to mean that childs aren't added as well. So I tried it out. In layer 2 I had an object named cube and parented another object to it. In layer 1 I used an empty to add the cube object and its child object was added as well.

Jason Lin