Bullet Irrlicht demo

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
nomad

Bullet Irrlicht demo

Post by nomad »

A small (win32, VC 7.1) demo using Irrlicht. Hit 1-6 to add objects, shoot to remove them.
This is a basic framework that demonstrates loading meshes and sharing of various different collision shapes. Also a simple 'hello world' demo to get Irrlicht users started with Bullet.

Download

Last edited by nomad on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

That looks like a really nice demo already.

Could you add the option to display debug settings using Bullet btIDebugDrawer interface? And wireframe rendering?

Also it would be good to see which percentage/cpu cycles go to graphics, versus physics.

Thanks,
Erwin
nomad

Post by nomad »

OK, I'll add some debug display options to the demo very soon, and do some simple profiling to measure the graphics vs. physics CPU usage.
nomad

Post by nomad »

Download

I've added a window to display some stats, including the btProfiler info. The demo now has wireframe display, aabbs, deactivation of obects (they go a bit darker) and shows Bullet's percentage CPU usage.
I implemented the btIDebugDraw interface (obviously), but I didn't use drawLine (since it is easier to let Irrlicht do AABBs) or drawContactPoint.
I haven't implemented these debug draw modes:
DBG_DrawFeaturesText
DBG_DrawContactPoints
DBG_EnableSatComparison
DBG_DisableBulletLCP
DBG_EnableCCD
But I could always add these later on, if they would be useful to anyone.

This version uses the multi-threaded runtime library to avoid linker errors. The original demo had a huge poly count for the spheres, they have been cut down, and now you can also hide much of the geometry. Instructions on-screen.
Last edited by nomad on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacob_x

Post by jacob_x »

Hi. I want to use Bullet with Irrlicht in Dev-CPP but didn`t found any tutorial which describes how to integrate Bullet with Dev-CPP. Is this possible? As i know Dev-CPP need files with specific extension (.a if i remember correctly) but i don`t know where or how to get it.

Sorry for my poor english..
izigoo

Post by izigoo »

That´s a great demo. The combination of bullet and irrlicht is perfect.
Did you make already a second demo ?

I hope you make more stuff like this because we plan to include bullet in our 3D world.

iZigoo
murjara

Re: Bullet Irrlicht demo

Post by murjara »

Demo application quits itself always when keys 1-6 are pressed. So can´t see any physics. What causes that?
Jacky_J

Re: Bullet Irrlicht demo

Post by Jacky_J »

Better, simpler, more up to date demo here:

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... 2b72302850