Bugs with the new preview 11 and feature requests

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Icoxo

Bugs with the new preview 11 and feature requests

Post by Icoxo »

I was testing the new preview 11 and things look like they've been going pretty well, but you should notice

1). The collision sensors of objects added by the add object actuator doesn't work, i've tested this with the default object that came in the collision demo to make sure the setup was right.
2). LinV does not work at all for non dynamic objects
3). Dynamic objects using LinV still don't really fall at all, faking falling by adding a force downward causes a ton of jittering when it hits the ground.
4). Objects riding an IPO object or one powered by Dloc seems to have correct behavior when going up or down but not when there's horizontal movement on the X and Y axis. I assume this will be fixed since you told us it didn't entirely transfer velocity yet.

Now for what i'd like to see

1). a pause actuator, this would be handy for long games where you can have a break.
2). A save/load actuator, this is one of the most common requested features i've seen on all of elysiun.com, would be handy for me as well and other people who don't know python.
3). rotational physics for the wheels of the car in the demo, and for all round objects, the only problem I have with the car is the great length needed for it to stop.
Icoxo

Post by Icoxo »

More bugs and/or missing features

1). Making an object jump off another object and both have no friction seem to cause a lot of penetration when the jumping object lands on the ground after jumping upwards.
2). Restitution has no effect as of now.
3). Also, I would like to see a way to create a collision hull for a mesh with 2 or more convex bodies.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Bugs with the new preview 11 and feature requests

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Icoxo wrote:I was testing the new preview 11 and things look like they've been going pretty well, but you should notice
1). The collision sensors of objects added by the add object actuator doesn't work, i've tested this with the default object that came in the collision demo to make sure the setup was right.
Should be fixed in latest version (preview 12)
2). LinV does not work at all for non dynamic objects
No kinematic support yet.
3). Dynamic objects using LinV still don't really fall at all, faking falling by adding a force downward causes a ton of jittering when it hits the ground.
Please use applyImpulse. LinV overwrites the gravity component.
4). Objects riding an IPO object or one powered by Dloc seems to have correct behavior when going up or down but not when there's horizontal movement on the X and Y axis. I assume this will be fixed since you told us it didn't entirely transfer velocity yet.
This is same as point 2, kinematic support is coming later.
1). a pause actuator, this would be handy for long games where you can have a break.
2). A save/load actuator, this is one of the most common requested features i've seen on all of elysiun.com, would be handy for me as well and other people who don't know python.
3). rotational physics for the wheels of the car in the demo, and for all round objects, the only problem I have with the car is the great length needed for it to stop.
thanks for the ideas, 1 and 2 will need to wait until game engine is refactored. 3 might be achieved with getLinearVelocity and applyImpulse in a python script.
1). Making an object jump off another object and both have no friction seem to cause a lot of penetration when the jumping object lands on the ground after jumping upwards.
2). Restitution has no effect as of now.
3). Also, I would like to see a way to create a collision hull for a mesh with 2 or more convex bodies.
1 is too vague, a blend file is required. 2 is a current limitation, 3 is a planned for future (within a few months)