btGImpactMeshShape issue

Frederic-Felix

btGImpactMeshShape issue

Post by Frederic-Felix »

Hi,

i am currently trying to integrate bullet into my simulation environment but i am having troubles to use btGImpactMeshShape (my simulation works fine with btSphereShape, but that is not what i want :)
Calling updateBound() crashes my application. I did some debugging and found out, that the issues lies within btGImpactQuantizedBvh::setPrimitiveManager(btPrimitiveManagerBase * primitive_manager).
The m_primitive_manager variable is not updated with the new data. Firstly i thought this might be due to the non-pointer nature so i changed that.
Still it doesn't work:

Code: Select all

SIMD_FORCE_INLINE void setPrimitiveManager(btPrimitiveManagerBase * primitive_manager)
{
	btPrimitiveManagerBase *m_p_m = NULL;
	m_p_m = primitive_manager;
	this->m_primitive_manager = m_p_m;
}
m_p_m gets set correctly but m_primitive_manager doesn't change at all?! Any hints / ideas what i am doing wrong? Is there any lock/unlock mechanism i missed? I am really stuck right now...

Some information may help: My simulation is a multi-project visual studio solution. It is using bullet within a thread for physics calculation and the version of bullet is 2.66. If any more information is needed i am glad to provide.

Thank you in advance
Frederic-Felix

P.S.: Sorry for the poor english ;)
Frederic-Felix

Re: btGImpactMeshShape issue

Post by Frederic-Felix »

Okay solved the issue by adding the cpp files from the libGImpact Project to an existing one of mine...et voilá it works. If anybody knows why the library didn't work i am glad to hear :)