Access to the values of forces applied

momoreda

Access to the values of forces applied

Post by momoreda »

Hi Everybody

I just finished designing my model (consisting of several parties) in bullet. At the beginning of the simulation I apply an instant force to the model and then I leave it. Is it possible to extract the value of the applied force (in a given point) of a given part of my model. Is there a function that gives this result?

Thanks for Help
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Access to the values of forces applied

Post by Erwin Coumans »

momoreda wrote:Is it possible to extract the value of the applied force (in a given point) of a given part of my model. Is there a function that gives this result?
Which applied force? Do you mean the applied impulse due to a collision?

Bullet's current default constraint solver doesn't store the applied impulse, unless you switch off SOLVER_CACHE_FRIENDLY.
This will be added back soon, including a sample how to read out the values.

Hope this helps,
Erwin
momoreda

Post by momoreda »

Thank you for the raplay,

Yes, i mean by applied force the applied impulse due to a collision. So I want to know if it is possible to extract the value of force applied to some object in a given point. Or I am compelled to implement a portion of code that describes the movement to be able to calculate the value of force.

thank you for your help

M
momoreda

Post by momoreda »

Hi to all

I hope someone can give me an answer to this question

I think BULLET is capable of calculating the interactions between different objects existing in the world, but is it possible to get the values of the forces (or impulses) exerted on those objects during the simulation with a primitive function ?

Thanks for your help

M