Fluid dynamcs with bullet

saviilsy

Fluid dynamcs with bullet

Post by saviilsy »

Hi!

My first post here.

I'm evaluating physx and bullet for our game, which is based heavily on water dynamics(flow, depleting pools and so on) and I was just wondering how bullet manages to perform with fluid particle dynamics?

I've read that bullet supports this (on some other forum), but I have not found examples, tutorials and what not how this actually works.

I'm a newbie when it comes to integrating physics engine, so I plan not to waste time on implementing wrong physics engine to our project. I like bullet more(api, license, and I've heard lot of good things about it), but the fluid dynamics are a big question (you should promote it more if it's in the engine though :) ).
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Fluid dynamcs with bullet

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Bullet currently doesn't provide buoyancy or smooth particle hydrodynamics (SPH).

A buoyancy contribution might be added, SPH could take a bit longer.
Thanks,
Erwin
flithm

Re: Fluid dynamcs with bullet

Post by flithm »

I'm curious, are you hinting that a submission has been received regarding this?

Either way the basic method of simulating buoyant objects in bullet would be to apply appropriate impulses at each simulation step correct? I read in another post that bullet's heightfield object should allow for reasonably efficient deformations also?

Not having used bullet very much, is it possible to [efficiently] get information regarding which faces of an object are intersecting with a heightfield? (I'm thinking about applying more realtime deformations to the fluid heightfield based on objects' interactions with the heightfield to produce realistic water effect along with the buoyancy).