Beta 2 of Nima (Novodex for Maya) available for download

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
claforte

Beta 2 of Nima (Novodex for Maya) available for download

Post by claforte »

Hello,

Beta 2 is ready for testing:
http://www.feelingsoftware.com/index.ph ... 67&lang=en

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. Note that I?ll be traveling during the next two weeks, for vacations and business. Still, I will do my best to answer emails in a timely fashion.

Thank you for your interest!

Changes from Beta1 to Beta2
The following major changes have occurred:

-Rigid bodies and constraints can now be positioned and oriented using the regular Maya move and rotate tools. The old Novodex move and rotate tools are no longer exposed and will be removed shortly.
-Keyframing kinematic rigid body position and orientation can now be achieved using the regular Maya mechanisms.
-Grouping of rigid bodies is now supported, and the parent transforms can have an arbitrary depth. Keyframing the translate and rotate attributes of parent transforms is also supported.
-Dynamic rigid body initial conditions are now set when changing position/orientation at frame 1. At other frames, the position/orientation is only temporarily changed. A script is provided to set the initial conditions according to the current pose of selected rigid bodies.
-The convex hull commands have been integrated with Nima. They were originally developed by Stan Melax and can be used to facilitate the authoring of rag doll skin collision shapes.
-Connections between the rigid bodies/constraints and the solver have changed substantially. To load scenes authored using Beta 1, use the nx1_Upgrade_Scene_From_Beta1_to_Beta2 script after loading the scene. Note that it is normal for error messages to appear while loading Beta1 scenes.
-Performance has increased marginally, by 5-15%, depending on the scenes.
-The underlying plug-in code has been simplified and cleaned up to facilitate further development.
-Other bug fixes, which are detailed in the changes.txt file.