btBvhTriangleMeshShape Problem

Marn_Tilos

btBvhTriangleMeshShape Problem

Post by Marn_Tilos »

Hi there,

I started using Bullet recently and i came upon some problems. Everything works fine when using standard shapes ( btBoxShape, btSphereShape, btStaticPlaneShape ...) but when using the btBvhTriangleMeshShape objects sometimes get stuck in the mesh which makes all objects in the world to stop their normal motion and start oscillating.

Thanks!
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: btBvhTriangleMeshShape Problem

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Marn_Tilos wrote:Hi there,

I started using Bullet recently and i came upon some problems. Everything works fine when using standard shapes ( btBoxShape, btSphereShape, btStaticPlaneShape ...) but when using the btBvhTriangleMeshShape objects sometimes get stuck in the mesh which makes all objects in the world to stop their normal motion and start oscillating.

Thanks!
Not familiar with such issues. Those are static btBvhTriangleMeshShape objects, right? How large are the triangles? Can you reproduce this in a Bullet demo? If not, can you create a COLLADA .dae file snapshot of the simulation?

Thanks,
Erwin
Marn_Tilos

Post by Marn_Tilos »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok the problem seems to appear only when the triangles are small or the dimensions are odd (i.e. long and thin triangles).
With evenly sized triangles everything works fine.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Can you provide the vertex coordinate of one of such odd / degenerate triangle?

Thanks,
Erwin
Marn_Tilos

Post by Marn_Tilos »

It seems that the problem has disappeared somehow, don't have a clue what caused it, probably my fault.
Anyway thank you for your answers!