Collada Exporter

inakin

Collada Exporter

Post by inakin »

Hello,

I'm working with BulletColladaConverter. I load a .dae file with ColladaConverter load's method and then I save some snapshots in some moments of the simulation.

The problem is that when I save a snapshot (I use a different file that source file) in the dae file when it inserts a reference to the same file references source document not the document which is writing.

An example of the problem is:

<technique_common>
<accessor count="25" source="file:///datos/universidad/pfc/bullet-2.67/Demos/prueba2/preprocess.daei#Plane-Geometry-Position-array" stride="3">
<param name="X" type="float"/>
<param name="Y" type="float"/>
<param name="Z" type="float"/>
</accessor>
</technique_common>

The source file is preprocess.daei and the file in which is writen this is /home/inakin/p3.dae.

Another problem that I have is when I try to load for example preprocess.dae the converter looks for preprocess.daei file so I have to change the name of the files in order it rules.

Thank you and sorry for my English.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Collada Exporter

Post by Erwin Coumans »

We currently don't support multi-document COLLADA .dae files. Bullet ships with a stripped-down version of libxml: we removed external URI/URL reference support in the libxml version that ships with Bullet, in order to prevent some licensing issues.

Can you try to use a single COLLADA document, without

Code: Select all

<accessor count="25" source="file:///datos/universidad/pfc/bullet-2.67/Demos/prueba2/preprocess.daei#Plane-Geometry-Position-array" stride="3">
but instead, just referring within the file like this:

Code: Select all

<accessor count="25" source="#Plane-Geometry-Position-array" stride="3">
Alternatively, please use a full version of libxml.
Another problem that I have is when I try to load for example preprocess.dae the converter looks for preprocess.daei file so I have to change the name of the files in order it rules.
This could be a bug, we need to check it out.
Hope this helps,
Erwin
inakin

Post by inakin »

I just use the save method giving a filename as parameter and the Collada Converter done the reference to the file other file. The problem is this:

I load the prueba.dae document. Then I save the Simulation in the p3.dae file. In the p3.dae file appears the references to the prueba.dae document. I only load from one document and save in another document.

Thanks
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

We just fixed some of the Bullet Collada Converter issues.

Can you try out the updated (new) Bullet 2.67 file from googlecode?
http://code.google.com/p/bullet/

Thanks,
Erwin