Request & question

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
slorenzo

Request & question

Post by slorenzo »

First of all, the bullet physics model is incredibly realistic. Very good work.

:arrow: Request: I agree with PILDANOVAK: for same kind of games is very important to disable the "rigid body" attribute. For example if you are managing a character in an action game you don't want the guy falling down after a collision with a wall.

:arrow: Question: I was testing your build with simple models (a plane, a cube and an actuator), and in order to make a comparison I switched between SUMO and BULLET. I noticed that if the sumo model is used, dynamic objects vibrate with no explanation: just put a cube (dynamic) on top of a plane and let it fall. (the same blend file with the binary distributed in blender-org doesn't vibrate that way).
On the other hand, I compiled Blender 2.37a on my computer with MS Visual Studio 6, and I noticed the same effect.

Are you using VS6 too ? Any hint of what is the reason of the vibration?

Thanks
SL
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Request & question

Post by Erwin Coumans »

slorenzo wrote: :arrow: Request: disable rigidbody [...]
A solution for characters and vehicles will be added later, first getting the basics there. Also collision sensor and other parts needs to be hooked up.
slorenzo wrote: :arrow: Question: Are you using VS6 too ? Any hint of what is the reason of the vibration in sumo?
My focus in on Bullet Physics, I don't know about Sumo internals . Probably Sumo will be removed once Bullet has covered most cases in one of future releases. I'm using both visual studio 8 (2005 beta2).

Erwin