Bullet-Irrlicht Bowling Demo Program

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
dlangdev

Bullet-Irrlicht Bowling Demo Program

Post by dlangdev »

Hi, Here is my demo program showing physics simulation of a bowling ball striking ten pins, or what's left standing. This is my first step into physics simulation using Bullet 2.73 working hand-in-hand with Irrlicht 3D graphics engine.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=651749

To install, simply download the compressed file and expand it to a directory. The executable along with the other files/directories will be copied.

The link to the compressed file is shown above, it doesn't have the Visual Studio 2005 redistributables so you may have to install it before you can run the demo program. To download the redistributables, click the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

And here is a snapshot of the demo bowling program.

About the Demo:

1) The ball is driven by a force applied to a linear velocity. The space bar will cause the force to be applied and the ball will propel towards the target.

2) A pin will stay up until it gets hit by the ball, once it topples down the code will check its inclination which will cause a remove object flag to set. A timer is reset and will count down from 3, once it reaches zero the object is deleted.

3) Pressing P will put a new set of ten pins, now you're ready to roll the ball.

That's it, have fun.
mickey

Re: Bullet-Irrlicht Bowling Demo Program

Post by mickey »

Hi

Did you made a debug build?

Its rather a little bit slow - I just pressed the "P" twice and the game would slow down significantly.
dlangdev

Re: Bullet-Irrlicht Bowling Demo Program

Post by dlangdev »

Yes, that's a debug build. Let me build a release build and it will be posted later as at a different place at the moment.