Hello World

en51nm

Hello World

Post by en51nm »

Just started using Bullet and I'm looking forward to integrating it with Irrlicht for an automated robot arm program I am currently developing.
If anyone could point me in the direction of some useful examples/tutorials on implementing Bullet with Irrlicht I would be most grateful
Thanks in advance for helping.
en51nm

Updated problem

Post by en51nm »

I've been having a play around with the demos provided with the Bullet source code and I'm really impressed!

For my requirements however, I'm interested in a much simpler, low level implementation of bullet. I have two static meshes that are moved manually and all I need to do is use the btGJKPairDetector to calculate the closest distance between the two meshes - no dynamics required.

The meshes are rendered using irrlicht and are created from .3ds files.

All of the examples and demos I've seen go into a lot of detail rendering the graphics and contain movement etc... If someone could explain simply how to create two concave triangle meshes from .3ds files and then use the "btGJKPairDetector" function to query their distance that would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.
en51nm

Re: Hello World

Post by en51nm »

Really could do with some help with this problem. I've got my static mesh as a scene node in irrlicht, but I don't know how to send this information to Bullet for collision detection processing:

//create a simple mesh object
scene::ISceneNode* pCube = pSmgr->addMeshSceneNode(pSmgr->getMesh("Cube.3DS"));
if(pCube)
{
pCube->setPosition(core::vector3df(0,0,0));
pCube->setMaterialTexture(0, pDriver->getTexture("aluminumbrush2030.jpg"));
pCube->setMaterialFlag(video::EMF_LIGHTING, false);

//Send the mesh to Bullet for processing use btBvhTriangleMeshShape somehow!!
}

Please help!
en51nm

Re: Hello World

Post by en51nm »

I have moved this question to an alternative thread:

http://www.bulletphysics.org/Bullet/php ... f=9&t=8141

Please delete this one