Ultimate Breakout uses bullet physics

shomy2k11

Ultimate Breakout uses bullet physics

Post by shomy2k11 »

Hi,
I plan to release this game on the iphone pretty soon however i'm in need of assistance. My development environment is Ubuntu 10.10 32-bit using CodeBlocks as my IDE. 8)

The issues i have if anyone cares to lend a hand so i can finally release the darn thing are as follows:

1. including "btSoftBody.h" give weird errors like "error: expected identifier before numneric constant" ..line 94 which equates to "None" enumerant :cry:

///eFeature
struct eFeature { enum _ {
None,
Node,
Link,
Face,
END
};};

Nothing i do seems to fix this and it is imperative i get "softbody" physics working. Also ball movement sticking to walls any suggestions? I've included a screenshot to wet your appetites :mrgreen:
Attachments
really nice old school effects
really nice old school effects
ubreakout_shot3.png (298.98 KiB) Viewed 9866 times
ubreakout_shot2.png
ubreakout_shot2.png (511.18 KiB) Viewed 10067 times
Last edited by shomy2k11 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Ultimate Breakout uses bullet physics

Post by Erwin Coumans »

That looks great! I move the discussion of the topic to the relevant forum section.
1. including "btSoftBody.h" give weird errors like
Usually this means that there is a conflict with other header files. Try to include btSoftBody.h before any of the other header files (and also check precompiled header files)
shomy2k11

Post by shomy2k11 »

Wow!
I've tried that but still the same error pops up again and again. So I tried creating a dummy project with just bullet files linked and it works....bummer. I never tought i'd see the day when including a simple header file would have me stumped :cry: . Simply removing the header files the code compiles and runs perfectly.
ProfessionalUser

Post by ProfessionalUser »

It's probably too late now, but try
#undef None
before including the soft body stuff.