Assertion failure at line 108 in btConvexShape.cpp

PORRAS

Assertion failure at line 108 in btConvexShape.cpp

Post by PORRAS »

Hi all.

I have managed to execute a LabView application and a Bullet program in parallel, so that Bullet performs collisions detection between the links of a robot model, whose joints are moved using several controls in LabView. LabView receives the collision information from Bullet, and alerts the robot operator to avoid collision.

Until yesterday, it worked fine, but then I added a few more links to the model, and now, I get a run-time error. It's really odd, because I get this error SOMETIMES, when I add or delete more links (Bullet collision objects) in the Bullet program and compile again, even when I add or delete different links (I know that this error is not caused by a specific link).

I get an assertion failure at line 108 in btConvexShape.cpp.

Could somebody tell me what could cause this specific assert to fail?

I use Windows and Visual C++.

Thanks in advance,
Francisco
dangerdaveCS

Re: Assertion failure at line 108 in btConvexShape.cpp

Post by dangerdaveCS »

Without much else to go on, one thing that has tripped me up before, causing wierd assertions, is trying to run Bullet functions in parallel, which I noticed you mention in your description.

It would also explain the intermittent, seemingly random nature of the assertions, which only gets worse as more points are added (since more stuff is done in parallel hence more opportunity for thread-unsafety).