Problem during linking of Bullet to UE4

B1TZ3R0

Problem during linking of Bullet to UE4

Post by B1TZ3R0 »

I'm trying to import the Bullet physics engine static library into Unreal Engine 4 that use its own (UBT) Unreal Build Tool to generate project file.

To build Bullet's static libraries files I've used CMake, and as specified by UE4 doc I've to build it using /MD because UBT will generate a .dll file of Thirdparty library (in this case Bullet) https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linking_S ... ild_System

The building of Bullet has no problem, but when I try to build the UE4 source it fail with this error: unresolved external symbol _DllMainCRTStartup

Code: Select all

Creating makefile for UE4Editor (no existing makefile)
2>  Performing 2 actions (4 in parallel)
2>  [1/2] Link UE4Editor-Engine.dll
2>  [2/2] Link UE4Editor-Bullet.dll
2>LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DllMainCRTStartup
2>D:\WorkSpace\GitHubProjects\UE_4.16\UnrealEngine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Bullet.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
2>     Creating library D:\WorkSpace\GitHubProjects\UE_4.16\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Engine.suppressed.lib and object D:\WorkSpace\GitHubProjects\UE_4.16\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Engine.suppressed.exp
2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\WorkSpace\GitHubProjects\UE_4.16\UnrealEngine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Bullet.dll
This is Bullet's CMake configuration is attached

I've written to UE4 forum https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthr ... e&p=728173 (where there are a bit more information about steps i did) but I think the problem occurs due to Bullet's cmake configuration for this reason I'm writing here. I've found some threads that talks about this problem but they doesn't resolve the problem.

What cause the requiring of _DllMainCRTStartup symbol?

How can I resolve it?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (99.81 KiB) Viewed 4963 times