Bullet and Codeblocks

Victus

Bullet and Codeblocks

Post by Victus »

So, I'm trying to setup Bullet to use in a 3D Simulation of a dice roll I'm working on.
I normally use CodeBlocks as my IDE and so I used cMake to build a project file for it, but when I try to build the project I get missing file/directory error. I looked for alternate solutions on this forum and managed to get a .a library file. But even when I add the file to the link libraries option, the program won't compile as it can't locate the bullet header files. Do I need to add the header files to my project or am I fundamentally misunderstanding how to build and compile Bullet in codeBlocks.
Victus

Re: Bullet and Codeblocks

Post by Victus »

So I managed to get libraries (example: libBulletCollision.a) built with the project files built by cMake. (Disabled a lot of options in the config options for cMake). I'm still struggling with getting a test program to compile, as it still can't find header files. I apologize for any inconvenience my likely silly questions cause, I'm new to using and especially compiling third party libraries.
Typhontaur

Post by Typhontaur »

I've not read all this http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ ... codeblocks
but may can help...
Victus

Post by Victus »

Thanks a ton, the problem was I had forgotten to add the bullet source files to the search directories.