Parachute simulation

peymankop

Parachute simulation

Post by peymankop »

Hi,i search entire forum and didn't found anything like this being asked.
i want to simulate parachute with bullet physics,i looked at samples from soft body and i find out that closest sample to parachute is sample 'Aero'. but i asked this question here to get help from anyone who ever tried to implement something like or at least close to this so that they would help me find the best solution.
is there any special configuration for soft body to simulate parachute?
thanks.
benelot

Re: Parachute simulation

Post by benelot »

Do you need a real parachute simulation or just something that looks like a parachute? I once created a parachute for a game just by making the parachute model fall to the ground slowly and make it tilt in an arbitrary direction in a sinusoidal motion. Looks pretty good if you just want to drop boxes with parachutes. If you really what to go the other way, try to attach the sheet in aero to the four corners of a box or attach ropes and then attach those to the corners. You can take the ropes from other samples. There is no special configuration unfortunately. I am very interested if that works.
peymankop

Post by peymankop »

benelot wrote:Do you need a real parachute simulation or just something that looks like a parachute? I once created a parachute for a game just by making the parachute model fall to the ground slowly and make it tilt in an arbitrary direction in a sinusoidal motion. Looks pretty good if you just want to drop boxes with parachutes. If you really what to go the other way, try to attach the sheet in aero to the four corners of a box or attach ropes and then attach those to the corners. You can take the ropes from other samples. There is no special configuration unfortunately. I am very interested if that works.
i want something not the closest one feels like a parachute like something in GTAV or Just Cause 3.
thats a good idea to attach rops but i wonder if bullet acts really like that?
benelot

Post by benelot »

Acts like what? I am not sure how it will react, it has never been done. But I am pretty sure that both games do not use a real aerodynamics model. And if they do, that is not what bullet can do for you.
brighteningeyes

Post by brighteningeyes »

hello,
beside bullet, GTA V uses a proprietary library called euphoria
euphoria makes dynamic motions as far as i know