Simple CD test framework

Pierre

Simple CD test framework

Post by Pierre »

I just started a super small side project:
http://www.codercorner.com/CDTestFramework.rar

Two main goals:
- provide a demo/sample for Opcode 1.3 (finally, after all those years)
- compare various implementations/libs

I only did that quickly today and it only contains Opcode right now, but I'll try to add at least Bullet and GIMPACT "as soon as possible". (Feel free to contribute!)

- Pierre
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

That sounds like a cool project.

On the collision side, it would be good to know what features you intend to measure/test exactly.
This is a very small app used to test various collision detection (CD) algorithms.
It will be first used as a demo/sample for Opcode 1.3 (a lot of people requested this),
and then I will also include benchmarks against competing libraries (Bullet, GIMPACT, etc).

Current version includes tests for:
- sphere vs mesh queries
- OBB vs mesh queries
- capsule vs mesh queries
- complete box pruning
- bipartite box pruning
Can you describe the details of each test?

Bullet has a strong focus on convex collision detection, combined with static triangle meshes and a broadphase for rigid body simulations.

If concave triangle mesh versus mesh, or refitting mesh (aabb tree) will be tested in your framework, I probably want to add that to Bullet. This would apply to deformable objects, which hasn't been a focus yet, but if your testbed intends to compare those features I might become motived to finally add a 'refit' and tree-versus-tree check to Bullet's collision code.

Thanks!
Erwin