My rag-doll/geometry-cutting results

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
mikeshafer

My rag-doll/geometry-cutting results

Post by mikeshafer »

Hey guys,

I have a link to share with you. It's a video of the game I'm working on. All the ramble and pointless questions I ask on this forum is for this game. And I can't say I didn't learn anything from the collision and dynamics in bullet. If this game ships, I hope to put a special thanks to bullet in the packaging or something. Let me know if you like it.

http://www.mikeshafer2009.com/media/Bai ... Alpha1.wmv

Mike
ConvexHull

Re: My rag-doll/geometry-cutting results

Post by ConvexHull »

The game itself is nothing special, but... the physics is great! How did you achieve this? Could you post some example code somewhere?
Bullet is great and everyone can learn from it, but it would be nice if somebody put something back in after learning.
The "cuts" are procedural, right?
mikeshafer

Post by mikeshafer »

Yeah, it's not spectacularly good. After all, limited budget and stuff. There's a LOT of code from cutting and rag doll and physics. I suggest you try to implement something and if you have trouble ask us, and we'll be glad to help. You can seriously learn from bullet, it is amazing. btGjkEpa2.cpp is ridiculously efficient and works great. I did my own, but yeah you need collisions first (all mine are gjk, except for capsule vs capsule) and then you can concentrate on dynamics.

Mike
SinisterMephisto

Post by SinisterMephisto »

Collision detection scares me. But it seems like building a Collision Detection plugin is the only way to by pass unity3d's physics with out slowing down the engine. (unity does not return penetration depth you need to get that with ray/object casts :().
mikeshafer

Post by mikeshafer »

Hey, whatever works ;).

Mike