We are pleased to announce the 9th Workshop on Virtual Reality Interaction and Physical Simulation VRIPHYS 2012. The workshop is hosted by the Graduate School of Computational Engineering and the Interactive Graphics Systems Group at the Technical University of Darmstadt and Fraunhofer IGD. It is organized in cooperation with Eurographics.
VRIPHYS is one of the well-established international conferences in the field of computer animation and virtual reality. The workshop provides an opportunity for researches in virtual reality and computer animation to present and discuss their latest results and to share ideas for potential directions of future research. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- animation, e. g. physically-based, vision-based, knowledge-based and geometric approaches
- virtual and augmented reality
- planning, learning, optimization for animation
- interfaces for creating and editing animations
- perception in animation
- autonomous characters, group and crowd behavior
- natural phenomena
- mathematical foundations of animation
- sound interfaces
- related techniques, e. g. collision detection and contact handling
- applications, e. g. in robotics, medicine, entertainment
A "Best Paper Award" will be given to the author(s) of a full paper presented at the conference, selected by the Organizing Committee. The “Best Paper Award” is a Tesla™ C2075 computing processor (or similar) sponsored by NVIDIA.
NEW THIS YEAR: The authors of the two best papers will be invited to submit an extended version to the journal Computers & Graphics.
- Submission: July 20
- Notification: September 7
- Final version: September 21
- Conference: December 6-7
Jan Bender - Graduate School CE, TU Darmstadt, Germany
Arjan Kuijper - Fraunhofer IGD, Darmstadt, Germany
Dieter Fellner - TU Darmstadt & Fraunhofer IGD, Germany
Éric Guérin - INSA Lyon, France
For further information, please visit http://vriphys2012.inrialpes.fr