Purpose of this sub forum

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
Numsgil

Purpose of this sub forum

Post by Numsgil »

Sorta meta, so I apologize for that. Anyway, sometimes I trawl through this subforum as there are often interesting discussions about non implementation specific physics stuff (like different solvers, broadphases, etc.) But I see all these Bullet specific how-to threads and I get depressed :/ So I thought I should say something.

I think the problem is that "Bullet Physics SDK Issues and Feedback" isn't a subforum title that immediately tells me that's where I should go for help with Bullet. And the "General Discussion" prefix in this subforum keys in to people's brains that this is sort of a catch-all forum. Maybe rename the "Bullet Physics SDK Issues and Feedback" forum to "General Bullet Discussions" or something like that, and this forum to "Non Bullet Specific Collision Detection and Physics R&D". Well, those names are terrible but you get the idea.
bone

Re: Purpose of this sub forum

Post by bone »

It's true, people aren't interpreting 'General' as truly general, but rather general within the context of Bullet. OTOH, something like "General (Non-Bullet Specific) Discussion about Collision Detection and Physics R&D" is a bit long.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Good point. I've been trying to make it clear previously, but people keep on posting Bullet topics in this section so it was not working.

I've added some more explicit mentions in this forum section, that is it for non-Bullet discussion only. Don't post Bullet related topics here, but use the
other forum sections instead.

Hopefully people notice it this time :)

Let's send a warning to users who post Bullet related questions here, and delete postings from now on.
Thanks!
Erwin
Numsgil

Post by Numsgil »

I like the red text :) I'm sure there'll still be some but hopefully this lowers the number at least. The rest should be manageable by moving the threads.