Blowing stuff up

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
FloydBishop

Blowing stuff up

Post by FloydBishop »

Hello everyone. I came here via a web search I did after reading this article: http://www.fxguide.com/featured/art-of- ... g-crap-up/.

I have since installed and have been fooling around with Bullet in Maya 2012. I am wondering if anyone can point a complete new comer to any tutorials or guides for creating decent fractures in Maya for use with Bullet, or am I totally misunderstanding what Bullet is all about?

I have worked through the basic exercises outlined in the Bullet documentation, and I have a pretty solid understanding of Maya physics, nCloth, etc.
FloydBishop

Re: Blowing stuff up

Post by FloydBishop »

So I have answered my own question by looking into SOuP. I was able to create a great shatter using the scatter and shatter nodes. My question now is how can I create a gradual crumble, rather than the whole structure moving at once? My current set up has the shattered pieces separated to different pieces. I was able to create a gradual crumble using nCloth and a transform constraint with glue and strength settings animated dynamically. The problem is that the nCloth has a tough time with rigid looking materials.

Any tutorials or suggestions for a gradual crumble using Bullet?