How many iteration should be used for collision detection

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
apapaxionga

How many iteration should be used for collision detection

Post by apapaxionga »

When handling collision contact, collision constraint should be iteratively solved. However, I have a question that what kind of collision constraint should be iteratively solved ? Obviously, there are some kinds of collision constraint do not need be iteratively solved. Can someone explain to me what kind of role iteration play in collision constraint solving?
bone

Re: How many iteration should be used for collision detectio

Post by bone »

Iterative solving is one way to handle multiple constraints that are not independent of each other.

It's not clear why it is "obvious" to you that some kinds of collision constraints do not need to be iteratively solved. If it is the only constraint that needs to be solved, or it is completely independent of any other constraint, that may be true. Perhaps to back up for a moment and get some context, what kind of physics system are you using?
apapaxionga

Re: How many iteration should be used for collision detectio

Post by apapaxionga »

bone wrote:Iterative solving is one way to handle multiple constraints that are not independent of each other.

It's not clear why it is "obvious" to you that some kinds of collision constraints do not need to be iteratively solved. If it is the only constraint that needs to be solved, or it is completely independent of any other constraint, that may be true. Perhaps to back up for a moment and get some context, what kind of physics system are you using?
That's exactly I want, thx!