How would I go about wrapping the BulletPhyics side?

SICGames2014

How would I go about wrapping the BulletPhyics side?

Post by SICGames2014 »

I think I read somewhere on this forum it is possible to wrap the bullet physics to a primary DLL file then use that DLL to connect with the multiple parts of the engine... What I am doing is creating a SDK for my engine - so I don't have to look at thousands of functions inside one dll file; which drove me crazy. The previous engine worked great with implementing bullet physics because it was being compiled as dynamic library as well as the bullet physics api. I've tried to do the same with the library which worked great until I got to the dll file where I have to bring over to C# on the editor side. It gave mismatch type MT-Static Library and MT Dynamic Library errors. Okay, so I took out the linking on the SDK side of my engine and brought it over to the DLL file that will be used for the editor in CSharp. It compiles - however, I'm not totally convinced it will work without a hitch. I know I would have to copy the Bullet Physics DLL files over to the editor and such.

See when I compile DirectX within my SDK then into the DLL it doesn't give me anything crazy like mismatch value type. I'm guessing because there's a safe guard on the type - isn't there? So, how should I go about compiling the DLL file that will be going into the CSharp Editor.

So it goes from SDK Library -> To DLL -> To Csharp Class Library Another DLL then to the CSharp Editor. Or am I making my life completely miserable by going through too much work???

On the game side it will just be SDK Library or SDK DLL -> DirectX Game.