Bullet interface in MATLAB

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
bminortx

Bullet interface in MATLAB

Post by bminortx »

Hey there,

Last year, I worked on a research project that had me rely heavily on the Bullet Physics codebase. However, my advisor didn't want anything in straight C++; he wanted me to use MATLAB first, in order to get a feel for the basic mathematics in the project. I was OK with this, but the project still needed Bullet simulation... so I wrote a wrapper for Bullet into MATLAB. It does basic shapes and constraints right now, as well as implementing a RaycastVehicle to play around in, but doesn't have a mesh constructor. There's a lot more to be done with this, obviously, but I thought that it worked pretty well as a learning tool.

https://github.com/bminortx/SimLAB

I've been meaning to put this up for a while, but haven't had the time to work on it. SO, if anyone is interested, feel free to pull the codebase, play around with the functionality it has right now, and add/modify it yourself. If there's no interest, that's OK, haha; it'll just stay how it is until I find more time. I would also welcome any feedback on the system.

Thanks!