Multiplayer Vehicle Shooter

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
rewb0rn

Multiplayer Vehicle Shooter

Post by rewb0rn »

Hi everyone,

I would like to present my current project, a Multiplayer Deathmatch Vehicle Shooter:
This is the basic idea: The player starts a new career (preferably all online) and purchases a bot with given slots in different sizes. Additionally he can buy plugins for these slots, like turbines and weapons, which he can then attach to the bot. With that bot the player can participate in deathmatch tournaments to earn money through frags, or eventually lose money through necessaray repairs. Need-for-Speed alike there should be better bots and plugins unlocked during the career. The following classes of plugins are planned:

External:
- Weapons with projectiles (machine guns)
- Lasers that heat the target
- rocket launchers (free flying and chasing)
- turbnines
- cameras the player can look through and that can be destroyed
- shield generators
- rocket targets that irritate controlled rockets
- drones that provide slots themselfes and that can be used to create 3rd person camera-systems

Internal:
- Cooling system to cool down plugins or hits by lasers
- energy-level that drops when too many plugins are used simultaneously
- motherboard with slots where the player can attach cards to, e.g. to extend the HUD, automate certain functions etc. Advanced motherboards might provide certain features onboard

This is a video of the current state of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKfzoIrQJ2c

All models are placeholders and should be replaced in the final game.

The game currently uses Ogre, Ogitor, Bullet, RakNet, Hydrax, SkyX and TinyXml. Big thanks to everyone behind this projects! To defeat lag-issues I use client-side-prediction with interpolation, in addition I plan to turn back the time on the serverside by the ping of that player, everytime a player shoots, so that all projectiles are created where the player has been when he pulled the trigger.

Finally: I am looking for funding for this game so any hints on this are appreciated! I am looking forward to feedback and critique.

Thanks
bauer5152

Re: Multiplayer Vehicle Shooter

Post by bauer5152 »

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.
tsohail92

Re: Multiplayer Vehicle Shooter

Post by tsohail92 »

This is a very attention-grabbing game and its really marvelous. Thanks for the post. :o