Wonderfall game for iPhone and iPad uses Bullet

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
faatal

Wonderfall game for iPhone and iPad uses Bullet

Post by faatal »

Our new word game Wonderfall uses Bullet for rigid body physics of the letters against each other and the arena walls.

A free lite version can be found here:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wonderfa ... 38067?mt=8

The collision results are excellent. The main problem we had was performance. The game runs at 60 FPS, but with approximately 25 letters on screen in an active state on a iPhone 3G or iPod 2nd gen it would drop to 30 FPS, since Bullet was taking about 8ms (half the frame time!) to handle the simulation. That was with all the tweaks I could find on these forums. On iPhone 4 or iPod 3rd gen, with their faster CPUs and graphics, it stays at 60 FPS in the worst case. Not a big deal in our case, since the bog happens when you are almost out of space and it just gives the player a little extra time to think. ;)

Good job Bullet team! We are using it in our next project(s) and look forward to any new versions.

faatal
tak7.com
ltm0807

Re: Wonderfall game for iPhone and iPad uses Bullet

Post by ltm0807 »

wow Thank you for your link!
I have downloaded this game and set up in my Iphone.
I really like it !!!
Cinnamond

Post by Cinnamond »

faatal wrote:Our new word game Wonderfall uses Bullet for rigid body ipad 2 case leatherphysics of the letters against each other and the arena walls.

iPad2case

The collision results are excellent. The main problem we had was performance. The game runs at 60 FPS, but with approximately 25 letters on screen in an active state on a iPhone 3G or iPod 2nd gen it would drop to 30 FPS, since Bullet was taking about 8ms (half the frame time!) to handle the simulation. That was iPad2 caseswith all the tweaks I could find on these forums. On iPhone 4 or iPod 3rd gen, with their faster CPUs and graphics, it stays at 60 FPS in the worst case. Not a big deal in our case, since the bog happens when you are almost out of space and it just gives the player a little extra time to think. ;)

Good job Bullet team! We are using it in our next project(s) and look forward to any new versions.

faatal
tak7.com

Thank you for your link!
Abbie52

Post by Abbie52 »

Cinnamond wrote:
faatal wrote:Our new word game Wonderfall uses Bullet for rigid body ipad 2 cases physics of the letters against each other and the arena walls.

iPad2case

The collision results are excellent. The main problem we had was performance. The game runs at 60 FPS, but with approximately 25 letters on screen in an active state on a iPhone 3G or iPod 2nd gen it would drop to 30 FPS, since Bullet was taking about 8ms (half the frame time!) to handle the simulation. That was iPad2 cases with all the tweaks I could find on these forums. On iPhone 4 or iPod 3rd gen, with their faster CPUs and graphics, it stays at 60 FPS in the worst case. Not a big deal in our case, since the bog happens when you are almost out of space and it just gives the player a little extra time to think. ;)

faatal
tak7.com

Thank you for your link!

I also played this games and I enjoyed it. It was really interesting.
Merengues

Post by Merengues »

nice game)) i've been playing it for the last couple of days :mrgreen: might be a good addition to ipad app development, they should think about something like that
shomy2k11

Post by shomy2k11 »

Hi,
great stuff!! But listen i need some help with my game. I cannot seem to include "btSoftBody.h" without getting "error: expected identifier before numeric constant ...line 94"

Any suggestions