Savage - Freeware Online Game

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
mohican

Savage - Freeware Online Game

Post by mohican »

Hi from the Savage Development Team!
Our community website is www.newerth.com

Savage is a Freeware Online Multiplayer game that combines First Person Shooting and Real Time Strategy in a bigger than life experience. We have more than 100 game servers, each hosting up to 128 players, fighting intense FPS battles with ranged & melee wepons, and siege engines. One player on each Team is the commander, playing the game RTS style, in charge of developping tech trees that enable ever more advanced weapons and items for the FPS players.

The first version of the game was released in 2003 by S2Games, which subsequently donated the source code to the community.
Since then, the Bullet Engine has been integrated to enable Full World Physics!

Map Makers can now add "dynamic" objects to their maps, like:
- Large Boulders.
- Building Materials (planks, walls).
- Crates, Barrels...
- Portable Ladders.
- and more...

These Objects can be pushed, grabbed, even set on fire!!
A special Demo Map called "xr_physics" shows what the Physics Engine can do.
To play this map, go on our site www.newerth.com to download & install Savage XR.
Then connect to the "Newerth.com EU XR Public Server", and type /callvote world xr_physics in the chat box.

We created a trailer of this map, which you can view by clicking the image or links below.

High-Resolution / Low-Resolution

Some screenshots of the game, FPS player:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Some screenshots of the game, Commander player:
Image Image Image
Last edited by mohican on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Quarob

Re: Savage - Freeware Online Game

Post by Quarob »

Nice to hear from you! I'm a big fan of Savage. I used to play it a lot. Back when the first version was released I was amazed of the hi quality of the game. It was very polished, beautiful...and fun!!!
Best regards and keep the good work ;)

Rob.
mohican

Post by mohican »

It's really good to hear from a fan!
The game experience has actually greatly improved since the game was first released.
The continuous community based development has made Savage a really immersive experience, from interactive maps on which the commander can draw instructions, to weather simulation, integrated IRC chat, and bump mapping.
If you have not played Savage in a long time, I warmly recommend that you try XR when it will be released. I will add a post here to signal the release. :D
mohican

Post by mohican »

The Bullet Engine has now been integrated into Savage XR to enable Full World Physics!
Map Makers can now add "dynamic" objects to their maps, like:
- Large Boulders.
- Building Materials (planks, walls).
- Crates, Barrels...
- Portable Ladders.
- and more...

These Objects can be pushed, grabbed, even set on fire!!
A special Demo Map called "xr_physics" shows what the Physics Engine can do.
To play this map, go on our site www.newerth.com to download & install Savage XR.
Then connect to the "Newerth.com EU XR Public Server", and type /callvote world xr_physics in the chat box.

We created a trailer of this map, which you can view by clicking the image or links below.

High-Resolution / Low-Resolution
mohican

Post by mohican »

To Forum Admins:
Please do have a look at our implementation of the Bullet Engine in Savage.
Any chance that Savage could make it to your news page?
fullmetalcoder

Post by fullmetalcoder »

mohican wrote:The first version of the game was released in 2003 by S2Games, which subsequently donated the source code to the community.
Where can the source code be found? I'm specifically interested in the character control part as I can't seem to find a decent character control anywhere on the web (here decent means free, open source and of course "technically" decent : Bullet character demo simply fails the last requirement and despite my best efforts I didn't manage to fix that).
mohican

Post by mohican »

fullmetalcoder wrote:Where can the source code be found?
The 2003 S2Games Code can be downloaded on our website www.newerth.com.
It is somewhere in the download section.

The latest XR code is not available to the public, to prevent idiots from making game cheats.
donalmark

Post by donalmark »

I really admire of this game. This is very funny & interesting from all side just like assassing games.

Donal Mark