Havok, the premier provider of interactive software and services for digital media creators in the games and movie industries, has immediate openings for Engineers and Senior Engineers in the Developer Support group, based in San Francisco, CA. This is a unique opportunity to work with the very best within the video game industry (our clients include EA, Sony, Activision, Midway Games, Valve Software, and Blizzard Entertainment), helping to shape the development of the next generation of games. Titles using Havok include: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Half-Life 2, Halo 2, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Company of Heroes, Tony Hawk's Project 8, Saint?s Row, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Check us out at http://www.havok.com
- Consult in depth with game developers to plan innovative Havok usage in their next-gen games
- Identify state-of-the-art design and implementation approaches to game development, often as part of an embedded team
- Become the Havok expert on AAA titles, including physics usage, animation, and content pipeline
- Proactively learn & implement new technologies quickly and independently.
- Develop tools and utilities that solve specific customer problems
- Use our support system to answer developers' questions, create use cases, and reproduce and log bugs
- Manage relations with customers, including identifying risks and setting expectations
- For the Senior Engineer position, 4+ years of 3D graphics, game programming, or middleware experience, including experience on a shipped product. 0-3 years experience for the Engineer position.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, math, physics, or a related field
- Strong C++ coding, debugging, and testing skills
- Practical understanding of 3D mathematics and algorithms
- Excellent communication and customer management skills
- Previous experience with physics middleware or simulation programming a big plus
- Willingness to travel
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or contact me for more information.