Internships at Adobe's Advanced Technology Labs

Job seekers and recruitment for game physics developers.
sunilhadap

Internships at Adobe's Advanced Technology Labs

Post by sunilhadap »

Hi,

I manage a small research group at Adobe's Advanced Technology Labs here in San Jose. Primary focus of my group is simulation, image based modeling and harnessing terra-flops compute power that would be available to workstations.

We have openings in San Jose for student internships. We are looking for PhD students to pursue hands-on research projects in computer graphics, computer vision and interactive design that advance the state of the art and have impact on Adobe's products. Topics of interest include visual search, 3D reconstruction, image and video segmentation, optimization-based image processing, ray-tracing, physics-based simulation, natural phenomena, parallel-algorithms and systems, GPU techniques, sketch-based modeling, procedural modeling, vectorization and vector graphics.

Interns will collaborate with one or more of the researchers in our lab, and will help to suggest and then pursue their own line of research with the goal of creating a promising proof-of-concept prototype that can act as the basis for new product features and world-class publications.

Our San Jose office is located at the headquarters of Adobe in the heart of downtown and is about one hour's drive from San Francisco and Santa Cruz, as well as within driving distance of Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park.

The specific topics that I am interested in are

- fluids, rigid-body dynamics, deformable models, strands
- physics engine, physically based design paradigm
- intrinsic images, shape-from-shading, relighting
- depth painting, extended defocus and bokeh

These topics are just suggestive and I would also appreciate if you come with your own that matches your current research interests. Please contact me directly if you are interested, and/or let your friends know.

Sunil Hadap
Research Manager

hadap AT adobe DOT com