How to start...

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
venator

How to start...

Post by venator »

I just downloaded the "DynamicaBullet-2.80-Windows_All Versions". I actually recently started learning Rigid Body Dynamics in Maya, but I knew that PhysX is not that great so I started learning Dynamica.

Though I have dabbled in the plug-in for the moment I was wondering of any tutorials that could help me to really start off with a process/workflow on Dynamica involving how to create a certain scene?

The tutorial videos on the Dynamica don't really show too much, except for the really basic functions. The manual only shows the features, but not how to go about them.

I tried to find sample files that are listed on the Maya Dynamica Plugin as "Maya sample files are included in the Bullet SDK under Bullet/Extras/MayaPlugin/scenes" but I see no such files or folders.
mBakr

Re: How to start...

Post by mBakr »

This might help:

http://bulletphysics.org/siggraph2011/m ... ph2011.pdf

I recommend Dave Greenwood's dg_Voro_py script for voronoi shattering - it's available on creativecrash.com. You can also start with a stack of simple polygon cubes if you want to try out the choreography (activation) tools...
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: How to start...

Post by Erwin Coumans »

I would recommend to install the newer Dynamica for Bullet 2.81 installers from
https://code.google.com/p/bullet/downloads/list

The sample scenes are installed by the installer, just click the Windows START button to All Programs/Dynamica Bullet/Examples.
By default the example Maya scenes are located here: (replace the path with your Maya version)
C:\Program Files\DynamicaBullet2.81ForMaya2012-x64\scenes

What effects do you want to achieve exactly?