Maya 2012 - dRigidBodyArrays, MEL, Initial attributes

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
curtainsNZ

Maya 2012 - dRigidBodyArrays, MEL, Initial attributes

Post by curtainsNZ »

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to set up a dRigidBodyArray to update dynamically over the timeline, with new rigids being first controlled by an expression that loops over each new rigid's initialPosition, velocity, and rotation attributes and sets them before they are created. This way large amounts of rigids can be added to the scene more easily, using a driver object and expressions - a bit more like a particle system.

However I'm running into a problem getting a rigidbody array to use these initial values - if new rigids are added to the array (by adding to the .numBodies attribute in an expression) all the new rigids use an initial position of 0,0,0, with no velocity, rotation, or spin. Would it be possible to modify this so the rigid uses it's relevant initial attributes during playback instead?

I'd be happy to contribute the final script to the community if I can get it working.

Thanks for any help :)
mBakr

Re: Maya 2012 - dRigidBodyArrays, MEL, Initial attributes

Post by mBakr »

have a look at dynamicaUI.mel to see how the DAG is built. it might be possible to force re-evaluation of the node network to provide the control you are after.
cily

Re: Maya 2012 - dRigidBodyArrays, MEL, Initial attributes

Post by cily »

if i've understand, this will be help you
http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/down ... ullet-tool