Making bullet demo pretty

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
ins7itia

Making bullet demo pretty

Post by ins7itia »

Hi:

I'm looking for some serialization from bullet to blender etc.

I have my own rigid body dynamics controller implemented in bullet application (works in every step simulation), and I want to make the animation looks better than just a debugger displays.

I think that the easiest way to achieve the animations is to export information from bullet (e.g. .obj, .blend, etc.), then import it to a tool like Blender to load some sequence of frames, then render it. Sadly, however, it seems there is no simple parser to do that officially (http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ ... =12&t=6882).

Well, second thought is that I can directly implement my controller into the Blender. Since there is other system coupled to control the body, I'm not sure if it is possible.

Last thought is that I can implement a gorgeous renderer by my self. It would be time consuming task to me though..

So there are two main question:
1. Is there any way to export data from bullet (scene / animation) to certain tools (Blender, Maya, etc.)?

2. If the tools like Blender supports user-specified dynamics controller?

Any comments would be very appreciated!