Bullet integration in Unity3d

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
jbaessens

Bullet integration in Unity3d

Post by jbaessens »

Hi all,

I just discovered the bullet library and it seems very interisting for my application as it manages concave shapes.

I work with Unity3d which gives a lot of cool features of scripting to easily create a 3d application. But... it uses PhysX and it doesn't deal whith concave objets... :-(

So, I want to integrate the Bullet library as a Unity3d C++ plugin.
Does anyone have any information about this or try to do it?

Thanks in advance!
mBakr

Re: Bullet integration in Unity3d

Post by mBakr »

sounds ambitious!

Unity/PhysX does support compound shapes...
jbaessens

Post by jbaessens »

Thanks for your answer, but I need to be very accurate so compound shapes was not a good solution for me.
It's not for a game.
chbfiv

Post by chbfiv »

See the link in the Facebook feed to Youtube.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unity-Bul ... 0305076877

I've been working on this for a while now. I plan to have all normal win32 bullet working with Unity 3D in a few more months of my free time. So far out of the box I'm already seeing a 20% improvement in simple rigidbody scenarios compared to PhysX. My main driver is the fact the the Unity implementation of PhysX is extremely restrictive compared to what I can normally accomplish with Bullet out of the box. I'm also interested in using Unity to make AAA debugging tools for Bullet to improve the general Bullet development workflow and also supporting the other platforms that Unity is currently running on.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/135293 ... post917591