Dynamica Testers Needed!

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
mBakr

Dynamica Testers Needed!

Post by mBakr »

All,

We are preparing the next release of Dynamica and need to test the latest code under various versions of Maya. I have tested on Maya 2011 under Win7, but we need to test under other configs (OSX, Linux, WinXP, Maya 2008/2009/2010) - that's where yall come in. Thanks in advance for contributing to the project!

To test the latest code:
  • Install/Build the latest release (v2.77 (v2.76 for OSX)).
  • Report any problems here.
Thanks!
toxik

Re: Dynamica Testers Needed!

Post by toxik »

When i load plugin and i click on shelfs "Dynamica", i got error:
// Error: Object '0' not found.
After shelfs are saved (quit maya), all is ok on next run, no error.

But i unload plugin, quit maya, then delete shelfs file "shelf_Dynamica.mel" and start maya + load plugin again, click on shelfs "Dynamica", error again.

This error occurs only when plugin create shelfs itself and user try to click shelfs "Dynamica".

Win7 x64, Maya 2011 Hotfix 3 x64, BulletDynamica 2.77 + Dynamica-Patch-02-15-2011.zip
mBakr

Post by mBakr »

thanks. working on it...might be something with the shelf maintenance code...

UPDATE: attached is a fix - replace dynamicaUI.mel in the scripts dir under the plugin install path. this fix eliminates the shelf and instead adds a "Dynamica" menu item to the main application bar.

The Object '0' not found error persists even if the shelf is created and left empty. Maya is apparently posting a "shelf selected" event which is running a procedure somewhere that produces the error. The Dynamica plugin sources the dynamicaUI.mel script and runs the global dynamicaUI_initialize() procedure - which checks and builds the shelf and button if necessary, but this runs when the plugin is loaded, not when the shelf is selected. the attached fix simply avoids the issue...

toxik wrote:When i load plugin and i click on shelfs "Dynamica", i got error:
// Error: Object '0' not found.
After shelfs are saved (quit maya), all is ok on next run, no error.

But i unload plugin, quit maya, then delete shelfs file "shelf_Dynamica.mel" and start maya + load plugin again, click on shelfs "Dynamica", error again.

This error occurs only when plugin create shelfs itself and user try to click shelfs "Dynamica".

Win7 x64, Maya 2011 Hotfix 3 x64, BulletDynamica 2.77 + Dynamica-Patch-02-15-2011.zip
Attachments
DynamicaMenu.jpg
DynamicaMenu.jpg (13.31 KiB) Viewed 10986 times
dynamicaUI.zip
(19.03 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
toxik

Post by toxik »

Great work mBakr ! :D

I am using a lot of plugins for maya, and a bunch of them using procedure to create shelfs after initialize plugin, and all of this bunch have some shelfs errors.
I mean shelfs init procedure is not way ! :roll:

Own menu which advanced user can disable is best clean way.

thx
sibipf

Post by sibipf »

Hi,
Any news about dynamica 2.77 for maya 2009 x64 on windows? the installer is absent from the all_versions release.
Thanks
mBakr

Post by mBakr »

Unless there are specific features you need in 2.77, you can download v2.76 here:
http://dynamica.googlecode.com/files/Dy ... _64bit.exe

the Tools pre-release patch should work fine with v2.76. get the patch here:
http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ ... =12&t=6134

sibipf wrote:Hi,
Any news about dynamica 2.77 for maya 2009 x64 on windows? the installer is absent from the all_versions release.
Thanks
mBakr

Post by mBakr »

Thanks testers. I have been able to test across multiple platforms and make necessary changes. Watch for the next release soon!